.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It was my birthday, shout hooray! (it's okay, you don't really have to)

I'm pretty sure it should be my birthday everyday. Between the awesomely sweet blog posts, blog comments, facebook comments, and phone calls (not to mention the 'in person' songs and best wishes) I feel so loved!

I have to give a lot of credit to my sweet husband. This is the first year since 2005 that he hasn't had to work on my birthday, so we had all sorts of fun. Saturday I slept in and then ran some errands BY MYSELF (is there anything more heavenly?) and then we dropped our grumpy little boys off at my mom's house (sorry again, Mum!) so that Chuck and I could go on a date, something that hasn't really occurred since Chuck's birthday in November :). We went to the temple and then to our favorite Chinese restaurant, Wok King. YUM.

Chuck was supposed to have meetings on Sunday morning from 9:30 right up until when church started at one, so I was prepared to get the boys ready for church all by myself (which, technically I do every other week so that Chuck can sleep as late as possible - I know, I'm a saint). His first meeting got over a bit early, though, so he was able to come help me for a bit and let me shower in peace without having to strain to hear possible baby cries. I had intended on posting my own birthday entry (the title was going to be 'My shameless appeal for happy birthday wishes') so I had opened a blank post on blogger. As you know, Chuck took that opportunity to do that for me, in an effort to surprise me and save my dignity. Sweet, eh? And then, as if having one blog post dedicated to me on my birthday wasn't enough, Sam and Terri wrote another one! Aren't they great?

After church (during which they sang to me in primary) my mom and Cody came over for dinner and cupcakes and games. What a lovely day!
I love roses. A lot. And Chuck gave me an awesome musical card that played Johnny Cash's 'I walk the line', which was sort of our song while we were dating :)
Isn't Will the happiest almost-ten-month-old in the world?
I thought Clyde was coming over to be in the picture too, but really he was trying to drag me to the kitchen to make him some dinner . . .
Family picture on my 24th birthday . . . Clyde was already in his pajamas, and yes, that's Chuck - he's growing his annual winter beard. He offered to shave for my birthday, but I'm 'letting' him keep it a little longer; Clyde thinks it's pretty funny!
Thanks again to everyone for the lovely gifts and happy birthday sentiments. I honestly checked the computer throughout the day (Chuck can attest to this) and was so happy every time I got a new facebook or blog comment.
I also want to wish a happy birthday to my fabulous cousin Andrea Hunter and my awesome friend Chris DeLange who are fortunate enough to share my birthday, to my Dad whose birthday was yesterday (see Sam and Terri's birthday shout-out to him here) and to my cute niece Lily, who turns one today! And happy inauguration day!

6 comments:

mama izatt said...

Sounds like you had a great day! I am so glad. We love you sooo much. Our family would not be the same or as complete without you.

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday!

jen said...

Happy Late birthday. I'm glad you enjoyed it!! P.S. Jared would NEVER be able to grow a beard like that :)

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday. Happy belated!!
You're awesome Ü

Sam and Terri said...

Those are some nice birthday pictures. You sure are looking hot!!!

Holly Cameron said...

K! Look at you all 24 and stuff! Two kids...a husband with a beard...you're so young and young. Ha! You still don't look your age..even to this day.