.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Holiday shenanigans part two

My window to finish the Christmas recap is closing rapidly since school starts on Tuesday, so here is a ridiculously photo-filled post!

We got back into town from Elko on Monday evening and spent Tuesday at the pediatrician's office getting our sick little boys checked out - love the double co-pay. (On the other hand, our insurance recently began covering regular well-being checks 100%, so I probably shouldn't complain about the co-pay on sick visits!) They had both been feeling a bit out of sorts on our trip, and sure enough they both had double ear infections. We dropped in on my mom since we were in town and Clyde and Will and I stayed there and goofed off while Chuck did some solo Christmas shopping.
It was game day for Boise State (obviously don't want to dwell on it - I'll just say darn you, TCU!) so the boys were decked out appropriately. Will's doing some last-minute weight lifting to prepare to watch the game. Apple will probably want to use this picture in their ad campaigns to promote the iPod shuffle - it would obviously appeal to their target audiences!(My mom received it as a gift from my aunt and uncle, who thoughtfully preloaded it with two books for her to listen to.) The next night we went back to my mom's for a nice Christmas Eve dinner; Will mostly feasted upon my necklace. We figured the boys would fall asleep on the way home, so we got them changed into their pajamas there and attempted a cute brotherly picture . . . This being our best result. I know they look the same size, but I promise Clyde is six pounds heavier and a few inches taller.
Merry Christmas morning! Here's the tree . . . and our stockings! The highlights were the race car track and the movie CARS for Clyde and a rocking horse and steering wheel/driving toy for Will.
Clyde had a tendency to press his button down all the way, causing his car to accelerate too quickly and crash off the side - good thing Daddy was there to put him back on track :)
Me and my sweet little boys
Will being a slightly better driver than Clyde :)
Clyde trying out the rocking horse, he loved how it whinnied and swished its tail when he pressed the ear.
Will's turn on the rocking horse
Will was a little partied out after we opened stockings!
But he woke right up when Grandma and Uncle Cody came over mid-morning to help us open gifts. The real highlight of the day came when Elder Braden called, though. We were able to talk to him for a little over an hour, and it was wonderful. He and I laughed and laughed and he told me how much he loved the shirt I sent him. Christmas was his six-month mark - I'm amazed at the experiences he's had and the service he's given in that time!

After a late brunch we put Clyde down for a nap and left him home with Grandma while Cody, Chuck, Will, and I met with my Dad's extended family for the annual dinner. It was fun to see the aunts, uncles and cousins who were able to make it.
There's always basketball afterwards, and Will was very intent on getting in on the pickup game with Grandpa.
Finally, I just have to say how impressed I was with my sweet husband's gift-giving this year. Chuck gave me so many thoughtful gifts - every time I happily opened one, he'd nudge me and say, "See? I listen!" So, one of the things I always point out on Bronco game days are the somewhat tacky BSU flags that people attach on their cars. I consider them a sign of true loyalty and have always wanted them, but Chuck would prefer not to draw that much attention to himself. As we drove to the stadium for the game we went to in November, I kept saying "Oh, there's a true BSU fan" or "Oh, you can tell they're going to the game. No one knows that we're going to the game" and so on. So sure enough, along with my awesome new Boise State sweatshirt, Chuck also got me two BSU flags for our car. I'm so excited to try them out this fall :)

7 comments:

Sam and Terri said...

I can not believe how big Will is getting. I give it two more months before he overtakes Clyde Monster.

I'm glad you got a lot of great gifts, and you got to talk to young quinnton. I especially like that cute gray sweater :) Hopefully we can see you soon.

Melissa said...

What cute little boys you have! I'm with Terri, it is not going to be long before those boys actually are the same size.

I'm glad you were able to talk to Elder Braden... even if it did mean being away from us. :)

mama izatt said...

What a great Christmas you had! We missed you terribly...but I know you were where you needed to be. The boys look so cute, and I love the picture of you with the boys. I definitely need to get copies.

jayna said...

It's always sweet when a husband gives up their last shred of dignity to make their wife happy. Way to go Chuck.

(You were so cute in your christmas p.j's!)

Your baby passed out on the floor amidst all of the christmas bounty is so precious!

Ginger said...

Jana, I keep forgetting to comment, but every time I read your blog I think that you are the cutest little mommy in the whole world. Keep up the good work.

lazyizzy said...

Wow!

Clyde look sso grown up it is ridiculus!!

Holly Cameron said...

Merry Christmas to you too! Oh you and chuck crack me up! I love your stories on his gift giving! Perfect. Husbands are great. I need to see these BSU flags...